Matcha Chile Quinoa Recipe
We all by now have heard of the benefits of green tea, and no other green tea has taken the spotlight more than matcha powder. We wanted some time to share this lovely Matcha Chile Quinoa salad recipe we made. Please feel free to serve this either warm or cold. In our household we are fans of easy, yet tasty food and are always up for trying new ones.
Please feel free to add or change the recipe however you feel suits your tastes preferences.
Ingredients for Salad:
- - Quinoa ( 1 cup)
- - Bell Peppers ( we liked yellow ones, choose whichever colour you have on hand) sliced into thin small strips. (quarter of large bell pepper)
- - Red Onions ( sliced) (half a medium size onion)
- - Roasted Sunflower seeds (2tbsp)
- - Spinach leaves (1 cup)
- - Olive Oil (4tbsp)
- - Kitimai’s Matcha Powder ( 1 tsp)
- - Honey ( 1 tbsp)
- - Crushed Chilli Flakes ( half tsp)
- - Arugula ( half cup)
Making the Quinoa Salad
- - Take any brand of quinoa you have on hand and follow the cooking instructions.
- - Once quinoa is cooked, drain and then add arugula, bell peppers, spinach, red onion. Let all the ingredients come together for 3-5 minutes.
Making our Matcha Chili Dressing
- - Take the matcha, olive oil, lemon juice, and chili flakes place in a mason jar and give them a good ole shake.
We decided to serve with steamed broccoli and baby bocconcini cheese feel free to modify to your taste.
- - Take the salad and pour dressing over and give it a good toss.
- - Place on a plate with any accompaniment you fancy.